SWH developed a new, large span aluminium arched roofing system for outdoor events, that has been used at many significant locations.
In conjunction with Total Solutions, the 'Mega Arch' was developed by SWH - a large-span aluminum arched roofing system for outdoor events.
We undertook analysis to confirm the viability of the system in a variety of span and height configurations.
Extensive three-dimensional analysis and code check of all elements of the structure included:
- Temporary load cases considered to account for the sequence of erection.
- Different payload and wind load scenarios considered.
- Checks for wind speed of 25 m/s with the structure clad.
- Development of span capacity tables for new Mega Arch ladder beams.
- Analysis and capacity checks on new bespoke extruded aluminium profiles.
This new system have been used successfully used for New Year celebrations in Singapore and Creamfields, UK amongst other well-known events and locations.