Technician - Structural/Civil - REVIT/AutoCAD (SP004_FM_HR_213_b)
Due to a high number of applicants we are not accepting calls from agencies. If your candidate is of interest we will be in contact in due course.
Main Purpose of Job
To work as a Structural/Civil Engineering CAD Technician on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first class structural and civil engineering consultancy services.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- Keep abreast of technical matters relevant to the success of the practice.
- Ensure that the work for which they are responsible is properly and efficiently completed.
- Prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using REVIT/AutoCAD.
- Be proficient in the use of Computer Aided Design Software such as AutoCAD, Microstation or similar CAD software in a Civil/Structural or Building related field.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in your office. In particular to work with your team leader and immediate design team, and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all time
- Communicate clearly in a professional manner other members of the design team and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Maintain all necessary records.
- Provide technical support to the project engineers.
- Willing to attend meetings and carryout site inspections as direct by the team leade
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- ONC or HNC in Civil or Structural Engineering;
- Ambition to work towards achieving IEng or TEng status with IStructE or ICE
- Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in preparing drawings using REVIT/AutoCAD in a Civil/Structural or related field.
- Good communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good organisation skills.
- Good level of IT proficiency.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
- Good presentation skills.