Senior or Chartered Engineer - Structural/Civil (SP004_FM_HR_206_b)
Due to a high number of applicants we are not accepting calls from agencies. If your candidate is of interest we will be in contact in due course.
An experienced graduate, incorporated, near chartered or chartered structural/civil engineer with ambitions to progress at our new office in Central London.
We are looking for a motivated person to join our busy new central London office near London Bridge. Our ambition is to develop a grow this office over the next few years and this role offers the opportunity to be part of this from an early stage. If you have good structural/civil engineering experience and ambitions to progress to a senior management now or in the future this could be the job for you!
Main Purpose of Job
To work as a Structural/Civil Engineer on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first class structural and civil engineering consultancy services.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- Keep abreast of technical matters relevant to the success of the practice.
- Ensure that the work for which they are responsible is properly and efficiently completed.
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis and design software
- Prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Provide technical support including report writing and presentations.
- Manage projects from inception to completion, as instructed by your line managers, in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
- Attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors with other members of the design team and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Maintain all necessary records.
- Mentoring and training more junior members of staff.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in your office. In particular to work with your team leader and immediate design team, and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- CEng or IEng or with 4 to 5 years relevant experience with ambition to achieving IEng or CEng status. or near chartered (working towards chartership).
- HND, HNC, BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ICE approved institution.
- Willingness to undertake further training in office and own time to achieving CEng status.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good presentation, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good analytical and organisational skills.
- High level of IT proficiency.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Structural or related field.-