Senior Civil and Structural Surveyor/Engineer (SP004_FM_HR_207_a)
We are not accepting calls from agencies in relation to this role unless we have made direct contact in relation to it. Please refer to notes on our main Careers Page.
Applications will only be accepted via email@example.com
Main Purpose of Job
To work as a Civil and Structural Surveying Surveyor and Engineer on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first class structural and civil engineering consultancy services.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- To attend site and undertake structural inspection/surveys
- Provide written reports with observations, conclusions and recommendations.
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for civil and structural projects.
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis and design software.
- Prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Willing to attend design meetings and site meetings
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Work on projects in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
- Maintain all necessary records.
- Mentoring and training more junior members of staff.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in your office. In particular to work with your team leader and immediate design team, and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- HND, HNC, BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ICE approved institution.
- CEng or IEng or with 4 to 5 years relevant experience with ambition to achieving IEng or CEng status.
- Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team.
- Experience in Fire damage and repairs, subsidence and vehicle impact surveys would be beneficial.
- Good presentation, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good analytical and organisation skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Structural or related field and high level of IT proficiency.