Senior CDM Consultant (SP004_FM_HR_204_a)
Main Purpose of Job
To work as CDM Consultant/Principal Designer on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed-use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first-class principal designer/CDM advisory service.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- To undertake CDM Consultant/Principal Designer duties, as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) regulations 2015 (CDM) and as otherwise required of the role; including site visits, preparation of the pre-construction documentation and other associated duties.
- To liaise and communicate with clients, designers, contractors and others and to offer advice and guidance on CDM/health and safety issues. -.To assist in the preparation of health and safety/CDM documentation for contractors and others.
- To manage projects to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
- To seek and follow up opportunities to promote the Practice.
- To attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and to keep them informed of issues on your projects, at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in the construction industry with specific experience of CDM/health and safety issues in construction.
- Relevant HNC, HND, BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a construction-related topic.
- NEEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent/higher
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Good presentation, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good understanding of appropriate legislation
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.