Senior BREEAM Assessor/Sustainability Consultant (SP004_FM_HR_221_a)
We are not accepting calls from agencies in relation to this role unless we have made direct contact in relation to it. Please refer to notes on our main Careers Page.
Applications will only be accepted via firstname.lastname@example.org
The role is for someone ideally based out of our BEDFORD office, although other office locations would be considered. The opportunity is for a full time (37.5 hour week) role but part time working would be considered for right candidate. The role includes flexible/ agile working opportunities.
Main Purpose of Job
To work as a Senior BREEAM Assessor/ Sustainability Consultant within a leading sustainability team on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins continues to provide a first class BREEAM and sustainability consultancy services.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- Undertaking BREEAM and other sustainability assessments.
- Provide sustainability strategy and energy / carbon report related services.
- Report writing and presentations.
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Management of projects to the agreed budgetary limits and timetables.
- Negotiate fees for new projects as delegated by the Partners/Director.
- Maintaining of all necessary records.
- Keep up to date with sustainable building design, renewables and low carbon technology.
- Mentoring and training more junior members of staff.
- Seek opportunities to promote Scott White and Hookins and develop new workstreams and Clients. 11. Undertake all work collaboratively with colleagues. In particular to work with other members of the sustainability team and the Partners and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Keen interest in sustainable building design, renewables and low carbon technology;
- Desire to develop and share new knowledge of best practice and new technologies;
- At least 2 years relevant experience in sustainability and the construction field;
- Good analytical and organisation skills;
- Good presentation and communication skills;
- Qualified and experienced BREEAM Assessor and/or BREEAM AP
- Experience/ qualifications in passive design, energy modelling and LCA tools desirable but not essential;
- Likewise, experience/ qualifications in other assessment methodologies such as LEED, Well and Fitwel valued but not essential;
- Relevant BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in an environmental or engineering discipline.