Principal Designer/CDM Advisor (SP004_FM_HR_204_a)
We are not accepting calls from agencies in relation to this role unless we have made direct contact in relation to it. Please refer to notes on our main Careers Page.
Main Purpose of Job
To work as a Principal Designer/CDM Advisor on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first-class principal designer/CDM advisory service.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high-quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- To undertake principal designer duties, as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) regulations 2015 (CDM) and as otherwise required of the role, including site visits, preparation of the pre-construction documentation.
- To liaise and communicate with clients, designers, contractors and others and to offer advice and guidance on CDM/Health and Safety issues.
- To assist in the preparation of health and safety /CDM documentation for contractors and others.
- To manage projects to the agreed project budgetary limits and time scales.
- To seek and follow up opportunities to promote the Business.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and to keep them informed of issues on your projects at all time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Three years’ relevant experience in the construction industry with experience of CDM/Health and Safety issues in construction.
- Relevant HNC, HND, BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a construction-related topic.
- Self Motivated.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- NEEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent as a minimum.
- Good understanding of appropriate legislation.