Graduate Sustainability Consultant (SP004_FM_FR_22)
We are not accepting calls from agencies in relation to this role unless we have made direct contact in relation to it. Please refer to notes on our main Careers Page.
Main Purpose of Job
To work as a Graduate Sustainability Consultant on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first class BRE Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) consultancy services.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high-quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- Support the delivery of BREEAM certification including carrying out BREEAM site inspections on projects for a wide range of Sustainability Assessments such as BREEAM (Non-residential and residential), - Home Quality Mark, DREAM, BREEAM In-Use, CEEQUAL etc and promoting continuous improvement of Sustainability and Environmental performance of the projects
- Writing Sustainability and Energy Statements for planning applications with supervision from Senior Colleagues.
- Assisting Senior colleagues in the research and analysis of Net Zero Carbon Reduction strategies, ESG reporting, Corporate Sustainability Strategies and Carbon Management and providing general - Sustainability advice
- Assisting Senior colleagues in carrying out office EMS audits to meet the requirements of ISO14001. Support in the ongoing monitoring of the Office Carbon and Energy Reduction Plans and help create a - culture where environment and sustainable best practice are embedded into the day-to-day running of the Practice operations and Services.
- Support the delivery of Health and Wellbeing certifications such as WELL and Fitwel certifications
- Attending internal and external project meetings, writing reports and presentations
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Management of projects to the agreed budgetary limits and timetables.
- Maintaining of all necessary records.
- Seek opportunities to promote Scott White and Hookins.
- Supporting business development activities in Sustainability and Energy related work in the practice when required.
- Keep up to date with Sustainable building design strategies, current legislation, British standards and code of practices, renewables and low carbon technology.
- Works as part of multi-disciplinary team. Attend regular team meeting and undertake all work collaboratively with colleagues in your office. In particular, work with other BREEAM assessors, Associates and Directors and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Educated to a degree level preferably in-built environment such as building construction/ Environment or Sustainability/Building services/Engineering etc. Master’s degree desirable but not required.
- Previous BREEAM experience and or other Sustainability Certification experience highly desirable
- Qualified BREEAM assessor (Desirable)
- A passion for Sustainability and good understanding of sustainable building design, renewables and low carbon technology.
- Good analytical and organisation skills;
- Good presentation skills.
- Membership of a relevant professional body (Desirable)