Graduate Principal Designer/CDM Advisor (SP004_FM_HR_230)
We are not accepting calls from agencies in relation to this role unless we have made direct contact in relation to it. Please refer to notes on our main Careers Page.
The role is in Sutton and the candidate must live within a 40 minute commute to the office they will be based at. Applications will only be accepted via firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Purpose of Job
To work as a Graduate Principal Designer/CDM Advisor on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first class principal designer/CDM advisory service.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- To assist in undertaking principal designer duties, as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) regulations 2015 (CDM) and as otherwise required of the role; including site visits, preparation - of the pre-construction documentation.
- To assist in liaising and communicating with clients, designers, contractors and others and to offer advice and guidance on CDM/Health and Safety issues.
- To assist in the preparation of health and safety /CDM documentation for contractors and others.
- To assist in the management of projects to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
- To seek and follow up opportunities to promote the Practice.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and to keep them informed of issues on projects at all times-
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Two-Three years’ relevant experience in the construction industry with experience of CDM/Health and Safety issues in construction.
- Relevant HNC, HND, BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a construction-related topic.
- Self Motivated.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- NEEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent favourable
- Basic understanding of appropriate legislation