Associate - Structural/Civil (SP004_FM_HR_201_a)
Due to a high number of applicants we are not accepting calls from agencies. If your candidate is of interest we will be in contact in due course.
Main Purpose of Job
To work as a Structural/Civil Engineering Associate on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first class structural and civil engineering consultancy services.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- Keep abreast of technical and commercial matters relevant to the success of the practice.
- To set an example to staff and to see that work is properly and efficiently completed.
- Share with the Partners and Principal Associates new work from new and existing clients and seek opportunities for the practice through business development.
- Ensure that existing clients are looked after and properly served in conjunction with the Associates.
- Negotiate fees for new projects as delegated by the Partners and Principal Associates.
- Ensure project costs and accounts are properly controlled and executed at their office.
- Ensure projects are efficiently and effectively managed within the project budget and timeframe.
- Undertake relevant management tasks as may be directed by the Partners and Principal Associates.
- Ensure work and administrative duties are properly and efficiently resourced and managed at their office.
- Deal with any client or technical queries as necessary on projects.
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections
- Provide technical support to staff and clients.
- Ensure designs and details produced meet the clients requirements, statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Mentoring and training members of staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering Degree from an ICE approved institution.
- Chartered Engineer
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work, with strong leadership and management abilities.
- Understand financial and cost control for project matters.
- Good analytical, organisational, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- High level of IT proficiency and good presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to assess, prioritise work for the team.