Assistant Principal Designer/CDM Consultant (SP004_FM_HR_211_b)
Due to a high number of applicants we are not accepting calls from agencies. If your candidate is of interest we will be in contact in due course.
Main Purpose of Job
To work as an Assistant Principal Designer/CDM Consultant and health & safety file compiler on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
To help ensure that Scott White and Hookins provides a first class Health & Safety Consultancy service.
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
- Keep abreast of health and safety matters relevant to the success of the practice.
- Ensure that the work for which they are responsible is properly and efficiently completed.
- Assist the senior PD/CDM Consultant (your team leader) and undertake Principal Designer and CDM duties (as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) regulations 2015), including site visits, preparation of the pre-construction - documentation and F10’s.
- Prepare/compile CDM health & safety files and other health & safety documentation for clients, contractors and others.
- Attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner with clients, designers, contractors and others and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Work on projects in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
- Maintain all necessary records.
- Mentoring and training more junior members of staff.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues, in particular your team leader and immediate team, and to keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant industry experience or HNC, HND in a construction-related topic.
- NEBOSH National Diploma (or willingness to train for).
- Self-Motivated and demonstrate initiative with a proactive approach to work.
- Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team.
- Good organisation, presentation, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Good knowledge and understanding of appropriate legislation
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards and legislation.
- Ability to prepare Health and Safety related documentation and high level of IT proficiency.